Dae Sung was recruited in an audition, and even though he was jokingly known as “unpretty boy” among the staff, he turned out to be one of the most popular members. During training, he got to do vocal training with Wheesung, who’s one of his favorite artists.
While training, he was diagnosed with vocal cord nodules, which are common among singers and caused by strain on the vocal cords. They got worse in the fall of 2006 and he had to undergo treatment soon before the release of Big Bang’s second single. Thankfully, Gummy, who had experienced similar problems, helped Dae Sung recover and manage his condition, and they’ve been friends ever since.
Dae Sung is a big fan of the Japanese cartoon Doraemon and has lots of Doraemon items, from cellphone charms to boxers to chopsticks. He’s also known as a comedy genius for his imitations, sense of humor and puns.
In April 2007, Dae Sung decided to quit high school to be able to focus full-time on Big Bang, but expressed a desire to pass his college entrance exams sometime in the future.
In October 2007, Dae Sung was featured in singer Nemo’s “Ije, Oori…” (이제,우리..) digital single. This was the first M-Boat/YG collaboration since the split of their partnership some months earlier.
- Stage Name : D-Lite, Dae Sung [대성]
- Real Name : Kang Dae Sung [강대성]
- Position in Big Bang : Vocalist
- Pendant: The earth held between headphones. (“To let the whole world listen to your music”)
- Family: Parents, older sister (Bora)
- Birthdate : April 26, 1989
- Height : 178cm
- Weight : 63kg
- Education: KyeongIn High School
- Specialty : Singing
- Personality : Always bright, does his best in everything, when he’s around other people he lightens the mood.
- Likes : rap, beat box, and cooling
- Musicians he admires : Usher, Omarion, Ne-Yo, and Wheesung.
- Determination : I’ll work my hardest and become the best.
Incoming search terms:
- Sue Ji
- María Fernanda - High School Musical
- dae sung
- daesung with kids
- kate upton caricature
- yoona daesung